Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Black Bean Fudge

I promised you the recipe for Black Bean Fudge, so here it is!!!
I do have to say, though, with the amount of butter and sugar in this recipe, there is NO WAY you would taste the measly 1 Cup of Beans you put into it.  I doubled our recipe and we are allergic to nuts, so I eliminated those.

1 Cup cooked black beans, rinsed and pureed
3/4 Cup butter, melted
3/4 Cup cocoa
2 Tbls. vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar (yes, really)
1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped

Mash or puree the beans in a food processor (or blender).  Add the melted butter, cocoa, and vanilla, stirring well to mix.  Stir in the sugar and walnuts.  Spread in a 9X13 pan.  Refrigerate for at least one hour.  Cut into 30 squares and enjoy.

Here is a funny photo the boys caught of the baby.  I'm sure they will black-mail him with it someday after he starts dating :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.