Sunday, January 11, 2015

How I spent my anniversary!

Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary!!  I cannot believe we have been married that long!  It is awesome!  Getting here has been hard work and a lot of effort and time! 

Our little girlie who isn't so very little any more, was in her first play!  She is in a group that hosts classes in singing, a little dancing, and acting.  Sun loves it!!  It is definitely her 'thing'!  I wasn't able to record the performance, but I took plenty of photos during rehearsals and curtain calls.

The show opened Friday night, so this last week, we were in the theater from 3:30 to 8:00 almost every night!!  Seriously!  (But I will share a little more about that later.)  So Saturday, Sun had two shows.  She had to arrive an hour or so before call time so she could get her makeup on.  Because they were having two shows, they also had a little potluck and games in between shows, so I had to make something to take to that.  So.....

Saturday morning I got up and made cinnamon rolls.  Drew took Smiley to his basketball game.  I drove Sun and a friend up to the theater for makeup.  Drove back home, stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of missed items, got home, showered, drove back up to the theater, checked on Sun's hair and makeup for performance, then found seats for the first show.

Sun's makeup session:





Full make-up and hair:
Friday night
Saturday
full makeup and costume
After the first show, Drew and I helped get the potluck ready, then we took off and enjoyed a quick dinner to celebrate our anniversary and came back for the second show where we ushered.  After a quick clean of the theater, we arrived home, tired, Sun with green hair, about 8:30 p.m.  Then we had to make sure things were ready for the Sabbath.

And that is how we spent our 25th wedding anniversary.  Maybe next year it will be a little more romantic?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!! I read them all and I know how to use the delete button. Please keep it kind.